What is the Polar Plunge?
Polar Plunge @ Home
Your home. Your choice. Your plunge. This year, due to safety measures taken for the ongoing Coronavirus Pandemic, the Polar Plunge has gone virtual. We encourage you to take the plunge in any way you want: From finally doing that dance class you want to taking a freezing cold bath! Submit a video to us of your plunge for a chance to be featured on our website. Participate today!
The virtual Plunge celebration will be on February 26, 2021.
What to expect:
- Participants who raise a minimum of $100 will “take the plunge” into an ice cold above ground pool to get freezin’ for a reason!
All plungers receive the “I plunged” t-shirt. Raise even more to receive other cool prizes including fleece jackets, cozy robes, and more
- Participate individually or on socially distanced teams
Too chicken to plunge? You can still make a donation to show your support of Special Olympics DC athletes, or fundraise to sponsor an athlete’s plunge!
Fundraising events like the Polar Plunge make a real impact in the lives of Special Olympics DC athletes, helping them lead healthier lives and develop valuable life skills. Your involvement is critical in helping our athletes achieve their goals and in showing that our community embraces acceptance and inclusion.
How do I get started?
Visit dcpolarplunge.org and click register to sign up. You can start a team, join a team or participate as an individual. Set up your Personal Plunge Page and you are on your way to Freezin’ for a Reason! With a few clicks, you can send an email to everyone to make a donation to your plunge.
Funds raised allow children and adults to participate in Special Olympics DC winter sports, so let’s help them get in the game!
Did you know?
What to expect:
- Students raise a minimum of $50 to “take the plunge” into an above ground pool at Catholic University
- Schools compete for top honors in recruiting the biggest team, fundraising and spirit!
- It’s a battle for the title of “Coolest School” in the area!
Learn more and register at sodccoolschools.org